Hello everyone, Light Novels Translations (‘LNT’) is opening up recruitment for those of you interested in becoming a part of LNT. Come and join the team and help the Community Grow! The more people that join the community the faster and more efficient these lovely releases will become! Have you ever wondered when a chapter will come out? Maybe you’re the kind of person that wants new exciting projects to be taken up? Or perhaps you want to write your own Original Stories and share it to the world for all to appreciate! If so why not step up to the challenge and contribute to the community!
We are now Hiring Translators! For those who are confident in their translations and can pass a short test, I am happy to announce that I can start providing payment for aspiring translators!
You are the interpreters of the stories, translators are the ones who convert unidentifiable information into gold gems. Without them, the amazing Japanese novels will remain hidden away in the depths of a dark dungeon or perhaps in another world.
- The ability to translate an entire chapter from a Japanese novel.
- Proficient in the English Language.
- Committed and Dedicated. (Will need to be able to do at least 1 chapter a week)
- Knows about Japanese culture/nuances (i.e. the use of Honorifics like -san,-sama,-neesan etc)
- Will need to pass a translation test.
On a final note, what I look for the most when recruiting a translator is their commitment and consistency to their schedules. Even if you may only be able to translate one chapter a week, as long as you are dedicated and release on time I am more than willing to accommodate for less experienced translators and discuss methods to improve their translations so that they will be able to translate faster and more efficiently.
Translators of other Novels:
This is for those that are already translating a particular novel or have just recently started and would like to post their work on light novels translations.
Author’s Creating Original Novels:
We are now accepting applications for aspiring Authors who love to write and create an original piece of literature. To alleviate any doubts and clarify the matter, any Original novels you post on Light Novels Translations is automatically copyrighted by you (this means that your content will be marked as your own under your preferred name and dates are on the post to verify when the content is published).
You are the creators of your own world, authors have full control over their universe and have the ability to give joy, inspire and even bring tears to the reader’s eyes. If you have a passion to write or have already written stories in the past but just have not had the courage or motivation to share, this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so!
- Write a minimum of 500 words per chapter. (No maximum words per chapter e.g. go ahead and do 20,000 words a chapter if that is your inclination. We highly recommend around 2000~ words as the sweet spot.)
- Maintain consistency and post at least 3 chapters a week. (In order to gain as much exposure as possible, we recommend you release on consecutive days rather than for example 3 on the same day and nothing for the rest of the week)
Potential advantages as an Author:
- Get your own Table of Contents page for your Original Novel.
- Ability to post a chapter and link to the homepage of LNT.
- Homepage Banner, Cover Art designed for your novel, use of Sticky Post and Notification Bar functions (upon negotiation).
Rules for Aspiring Authors:
- Hate speech and pedophilia of any kind are prohibited, including within fictions that are tagged as R18+ or have the mature tag.
- Plagiarism is not allowed. All works of literature under this category must be solely created by you.
- No spam. This includes links to other sites for no reason, nonsense posts, and repeat posts in multiple places on the site.
- Real world content. Avoid including real-world religions and politics within a story. If a fiction is discovered to include insults toward real-world religion, the author will be warned or even banned. If you wish to include religion, either create your own within the story or do so in the most respectful way possible.
For Translators: Please state whether you want to move your project/s to our site and continue translating here for payment or whether you want to help translate existing novel on the site.
For Authors: Submit the first 5 chapters / 10,000 words equivalent, your content will be checked to ensure the rules are met. This process will be done manually to ensure high quality is maintained.
For Editors: (Editor position is currently all filled, thanks for those who applied.)
For those who are keen to join a growing Japanese Translation Community~ Fill out the information as specified below and message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget, to fill out the following details:
- Your name or on-screen name.
- Your Age.
- Where you are from and your current timezone.
- Any experience you have with translating
- Preference in translating M15+ novels / R18+ novels / no preference
- Preferred genres (please list if any)
- What type of experience you are looking for e.g. translate in free time as hobby, looking for more scheduled work along with payment.
The fill out contact form had plenty of bugs, people not filling in an email address and it also did not give me notifications when someone applied so I just removed it. The best way to apply is via email so please fill the required information above and contact us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.