Hello everyone, I am opening up recruitment for those of you interested in becoming a part of Light Novels Translations. Come and Join the team and help the Community Grow! The more people that joins the community the faster and more efficient these lovely releases will become! Have you ever wondered when a chapter will come out ? Or have you ever wanted something to be released at a faster pace? Maybe you’re the kind of person that wants new exciting projects to be taken up? If so why not step up to the challenge and contribute to the community!
You are the interpreters of the stories, translators are the ones who convert unidentifiable information into gold gems. Without them, the amazing Japanese novels will remain hidden away in the depths of a dark dungeon or perhaps in another world.
- The ability to translate an entire chapter from a Japanese novel.
- Proficient in the English Language.
- Committed and Dedicated. (Will need to be able to do at least 1 chapter a week)
- Knows about Japanese culture/nuances (i.e. the use of Honorifics like -san,-sama,-neesan etc)
- Will need to pass a translation test.
Translators of other Novels:
This is for those that are already translating a particular novel or have just recently started and would like to post their work on light novels translations.
Bread and butter of releasing any novel, an editor is essential to have so that the chapter flows and everything makes sense, Draft Chapters can be full of grammatical errors, incorrect use of punctuation, awkward sentence structure, Spelling mistakes and the usual mishaps. It is an editors job to read through the English translation and make the story flow and fix any of these grammar/awkward sentence structures. What I am looking for here is someone who is extremely good in English.
- Don’t need to know any Japanese, but some knowledge of Japanese culture can be advantageous.
- Godly English skills: This means fluent/native English standards.
- Consistent and Meticulous.
- Will need to pass an editing test.
- Make sure you don’t have grammatical errors, punctuation errors, or awkward sentence structure in your application!!
- Compares the raw Japanese text with translations, checks for inconsistencies.
- Able to commit on a regular basis.
- Will need to pass an editing test.
For Translators: Please state whether you want to start translating a new novel or whether you want to help translate an already existing novel on the site!
For Editors: Please state which novel you would like to edit for out of the existing novels on the site!
On a final note, for Translators in specifically: what I look for the most when recruiting is someone’s commitment and consistency to their schedules. Even if you may only be able to translate or TLC one Chapter a week as long as you are dedicated and release on time I am more than willing to accommodate for less experienced translators and discuss methods to improve their translations so that they will be able to translate faster and more efficiently.
For those very dedicated translators I am more than willing to share a large portion of the profits of any donations (including something else extra for super duper dedicated people) so that you guys can also be more motivated and perhaps make a little bit of that juicy cash whilst having a blast doing what you are passionate about! For those who are keen to join a growing Japanese Translation Community~ Fill out the Contact form Below or Directly message me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Don’t forget, to fill out the following details (either in the form below or when you send your email):
- Your name/on-screen name.
- Your Age.
- Current timezone.
- Why you’d make a good translator/editor/translation checker
- Which novel you would like to work on.