Hello everyone, I am opening up recruitment for those of you interested in becoming a part of Light Novels Translations. Come and Join the team and help the Community Grow! The more people that joins the community the faster and more efficient these lovely releases will become! Have you ever wondered when a chapter will come out ? Or have you ever wanted something to be released at a faster pace? Maybe you’re the kind of person that wants new exciting projects to be taken up? If so why not step up to the challenge and contribute to the community!
I am now Hiring Translators! For those who are confident in their translations and can do at least three chapters each week I am happy to announce that I can start providing payment for aspiring translators!
You are the interpreters of the stories, translators are the ones who convert unidentifiable information into gold gems. Without them, the amazing Japanese novels will remain hidden away in the depths of a dark dungeon or perhaps in another world.
- The ability to translate an entire chapter from a Japanese novel.
- Proficient in the English Language.
- Committed and Dedicated. (Will need to be able to do at least 1 chapter a week)
- Knows about Japanese culture/nuances (i.e. the use of Honorifics like -san,-sama,-neesan etc)
- Will need to pass a translation test.
On a final note, what I look for the most when recruiting a translator is their commitment and consistency to their schedules. Even if you may only be able to translate one chapter a week, as long as you are dedicated and release on time I am more than willing to accommodate for less experienced translators and discuss methods to improve their translations so that they will be able to translate faster and more efficiently.
Translators of other Novels:
This is for those that are already translating a particular novel or have just recently started and would like to post their work on light novels translations.
Bread and butter of releasing any novel, an editor is essential to have so that the chapter flows and everything makes sense, Draft Chapters can be full of grammatical errors, incorrect use of punctuation, awkward sentence structure, Spelling mistakes and the usual mishaps. It is an editors job to read through the English translation and make the story flow and fix any of these grammar/awkward sentence structures. What I am looking for here is someone who is extremely good in English.
- Don’t need to know any Japanese, but some knowledge of Japanese culture can be advantageous.
- Godly English skills: This means fluent/native English standards.
- Consistent and Meticulous.
- Will need to pass an editing test.
- Make sure you don’t have grammatical errors, punctuation errors, or awkward sentence structure in your application!!
- Compares the raw Japanese text with translations, checks for inconsistencies.
- Able to commit on a regular basis.
- Will need to pass an editing test.
For Translators: Please state whether you want to start translating a new novel or whether you want to help translate an already existing novel on the site! (Right now the novels that I need help translating are: I Became a Living Cheat, Maou no Hajimekata)
For Editors: Please state which novel you would like to edit for out of the existing novels on the site!
For those who are keen to join a growing Japanese Translation Community~ Fill out the Contact form Below or Directly message me at: email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Don’t forget, to fill out the following details (either in the form below or when you send your email):
- Your name/on-screen name.
- Contactable Email Address. (don’t forget to use a legitimate email so that I can contact you if you use the fill out form!!)
- Your Age.
- Current timezone.
- Why you’d make a good translator/editor/translation checker
- Which novel you would like to work on.